Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Surprise, It's My Birthday

So another year older. Yes, it's true, I'm now 22. It seems like it was only yesterday that I was 21, well ok maybe 2 days ago.

Marsha threw me a surprise birthday shindig at the lake on Sunday night. About 13 people made appearances. More were invited, but some couldn't make it and some got lost on their way. (sorry you missed the party Kevin, you should have just called ME for directions) I had an idea there was something going on. Marsha had been preparing since Thursday, and I kept getting in her way whenever possible. But it was a success, I was surprised. I knew there was going to be a birthday cake made by Marsha as she's exploring a new hobby, cake decorating.

I kept my birthday on the downlow at work. Some knew, well actually only one. Marsha decorated my truck with balloons and a Happy Birthday banner. We went for dinner with my parents. We introduced Marsha to some Thai food at a world known restaurant "Nit's". We might have ordered it a bit spicy, I was sweating, but that's cause I'm already HOT and to add Thai to the mix good luck. I also met up with my friend Jon and gf Kinda for a traditional BP's birthday cake. Again, one more year of Jon and I singing Happy Birthday to myself.

As for presents, I got some fun gifts and some more practical, a small LEGO set, an Arubix cube, a 2L pail of Rolo ice cream, a couple of gift cards for SEARS and Canadian Tire (so I can add to my tool collection), a couple of shirts (Simpson's and a shirt that has a quote that fits me well "I have decided to put myself in charge"), a book of my favourite band called U2 Show that talks about the side most don't see of U2, the technical end. (yes I know Braden and a book, you might be saying "I don't know about this" but it has lots of pictures (key) and interesting articles on sound, lighting, and special effects) and the usual tool from the parents a mitre saw leg set. I'm still waiting for some from my bro and sis, hint, hint.

As for the not posting. Some of you may know that I'm renovating my parents kitchen. We started about a month ago, shortly after the last post, with some help from friends and are now down to bare bones in the kitchen. Mom and Dad are still living at the lake, getting cold but I think it's warmer out there than in town with the big holes in the ceiling and the furnace shut off to prevent spreading of dust. It's going slowly, but getting there. The demo was more than I expected but you never know what you are going to get yourself into. Here are some pictures some might find interesting.
BEFORE DEMO

DURING DEMO

The first hole in the Wall. 1-2-3 and the walls came tumbling down.AFTER DEMO

Look, no walls! Everything but the kitchen sink.The progress has furthered but have been stuck on wiring for the past few weekends. I'll try to keep up with the posting and not fall behind one and a half months, Egads.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:39 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:40 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:40 p.m.  
Blogger Jago said...

I was going to say something about your birthday present being me refraining from slapping you, but I was distracted by golf clubs, internet shopping and making money now.

I've given you a Kow shirt already, right?

10:59 p.m.  
Blogger Kevin Weeks said...

Hey man, sorry we didn't make the shindig ... we were disappointed that we couldn't be there, but we're glad to hear it was a good time. It's nice to hear that you finally got your Jago-Lego. Have fun. Cool pictures of the reno's too ... it looks like taking the wall down was a "smashing success."

9:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics, Braden. It realy does look as bad as the pictures, folks. the end result with be lovely as we all know the care Braden takes to make/do things right. The house will be better made when he gets finished with it than when it was built. Thanks for the ebay pics, Braden. Everything is now listed. Hopefully everything sells.
Take care.
HI Marsha.(the cake was cool)

11:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home