Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Frustration Times Two, OK Maybe Three

I've had two unpleasant experiences in the past week that I wish I'd never had. They have both been very frustrating when I was trying to make a point but never seemed to get it across. I thought they just weren't listening.

One was with a co-worker. I was simply just trying to get a question in when the other person would keep moving past it. I just wanted my question answered. The co-worker apologized but we realized that our argument really didn't matter, we were only frustrated that we were arguing over something really we had no control over. It was something that needed to change but the problem should be realized by our superiors. Unfortunately, both of them seem to be too busy to even take time to think of what's actually going on with their staff.

The other was today with, an acquaintance I guess you could say. I got into a big discussion / argument that lasted nearly an hour. This one bothered me more because it was more personal. This one involved the new theatre in town. Nice theatre, just am disappointed that you have to be a favourite to have the chance to work there. I've felt, maybe I'm wrong, that I've been blamed for things that were not my fault. I felt hurt that the individual did not confront myself rather than go around my back and ask someone else to fix the problem. I feel that if there is something that is bothering you that involves me, then discuss it with me. Don't go around MY back and tell others that I did something that I was never aware that I did in the first place. Then finally, he tried to make it up by putting on a happy face and think everything was just fine. I want to work there, cause I love theatre so much, but then I think what's the point. I'm just setting myself up for more hurt.

Work has been going slow. It could be busy, but I chose to keep it cool rather than working against myself. I wish we had up to date information. Was frustrated again when the foreman from outside called to see if I had a drawing she was looking for. I remember seeing something to do with the project but couldn't remember where I saw it. Referring back to Operation Braden, the filing system plain sucks. I did use my excellent memory to find the drawing though. I don't really understand it. I can only imagine if you asked my boss about that drawing. Where would he start to look. Pick a drawer. In frustration, I filed some more things away, labeling the drawers I put things in. It's amazing how much easier it is to find things in drawers when they are labeled. My favourite label that we have is the "Misc" drawer. Can you guess what's in there. If you can, please post something that might be in there. It probably it's just buried deep in the drawer.

Maybe I'm just the problem. I am the common link. I do know I can be confusing some times when it comes to explaining things. And maybe I'm just taking things the wrong way. I do have to be more patient with people. Well thanks to all who let me vent to them today. I know it will still be running through my mind when Marsha gets off work. I hope she can bear with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home