Sunday, July 17, 2005

House Sitting Part 2

Yes, this is part two of my post about house sitting. I just lost the whole post just before I was about to post, so hopefully I remember what I wrote.

I'm house sitting for friends of mine, Kevin & Stacey, who have gone to China to pick up their daughter Kaitlyn. I am responsible for taking care of the house and the dog Dreyfuss. I've quickly come to realize that Dreyfuss runs the house. If he could only feed himself and let himself out side he'd be fine. He's got everything else down. He even kicked me out of bed and made me sleep on the floor. He's a great dog. Now if you haven't noticed I enjoy dogs. Marsha, not so much. Ah, she'll get use to him.

Marsha thinks I'm gonna starve myself to death cause I can't cook. Lets get this straight, I can cook I just choose not to yet. And I'm not dead yet. Maybe that's cause I haven't really cooked myself a meal. Lets not refer to Camping 101. I just need the groceries, and I'll be fine.

This will be a test for me to see how I manage living on my own. The past week, my parents were out at the lake and plan on being out there most of the time. Yes I know, I'm 21 and I still live at home. But I got a great deal. Plus, once I move out I'm probably not let back in. I have lived on my own before when I was on work a term in Saskatoon. But this is different, cause I'm in a city where I know people. I can invite people over or get out and do something. This is where I feel comfortable right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jago said...

That proves I can prepare food.

12:30 a.m.  
Blogger Kevin Weeks said...

what? ... you mean Dreyfuss didn't cook your meals for you too? After all, he does run the house. Oh well, he must be taking a few weeks off while we're gone ... he's part of a union, ya know? Gotta be careful.

12:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home