Friday, July 22, 2005

Boss for Two Weeks

My boss is off for the next two weeks. Could be fun. I'll just implement operation Braden. My plan is to take over the drafting department and clean it up and get it up to speed. First is to get Steven, my subordinate, to transfer a drawing that is really no longer duplicable into the computer so we can create a book so it will be easily updated. Now this was a suggestion I made to Barry and he said Steven could do it. Next would be filing. Everything is out of place in the office. We need a filing system. Next is to get our base map in to NAD 83. Now that means nothing to many of you I'm sure and frankly, I'm just going to leave it that way. Currently we are in NAD 27, that's right more jargon. Then I'd like to get some new GIS (here I go again)software. Something that would make the building work like a team, something I'm feeling we are not doing. Now this would require for us to convert all of our current information into a digital format. Like come on, we're in the year 2005 for crying out loud. Bear in mind these are all my ideas. I think if they were implemented the drafting department would be able to run way more efficiently. The likely hood that these changes would be made, a very slim chance. My boss seems to have the attitude that he's retiring in three years, why should he care. Now it may look like I want my boss' job, but totally opposite. I just want a good working environment, and frankly that just isn't happening.

Sigh, now that rant is done on to other news.

I will be going to Loren and April's for another Family dinner with the Hagertys shortly. This meal might not be all of the relatives, just the immediate family. Not that I'm saying "there is anything wrong with that", just that I might have some time with the immediate family to sit back relax and hang out. Marsha's mother said at the restaurant last night that she's seen me, but really hasn't talked to me. I've been kind of playin it cool with the relatives. Getting a feel for the family. I also figured they came to visit their relatives, not necessarily me, although I'm sure Marsha was in the mix and therefore in turn, I'd be in the mix.

I'm thinking of making a trip into Regina on Sunday. I haven't visited my friend Ryan since he's moved there who knows how long ago. Seriously, how long has it been, can anyone tell me. I've lost track of time. It's already near the end of July. I think we've been crossing paths. He was down when I was out in Vancouver, and I think again when I was in Waskesiu. My parents will be going in for church as Steve, my former pastor although I still consider him my pastor, will be preaching. I could go in with them or maybe I'll drive in myself and hang out for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home