Saturday, March 03, 2007

YQ 2007

I've been wanting to help out with YouthQuake for quite a few years. This Year I finally had the time and opportunity to help out. My friend James is working for the Productions out at Briercrest and I told him earlier in the year that I'd like to help out. Well, he gave me the call this year. My job was basically lackey, stage rat, what ever you want to call it. I moved things on stage. It was cool to be on stage for basically the whole weekend. I started on the Wednesday of last week helping load in all of the audio equipment. It was fun to be part of a road crew. Lots of physical labour and lots of fun toys to look at. This year GV Audio, a company from Regina that brings LOTS of audio equipment, brought in a new speaker system. Apparently it just arrived from France the day before and they needed a venue to test it out in. They were a set of Line Array speakers from NEXXO, (I know techno stuff probably the people reading my blog could care less about) but this system rocked. Positioning and everything is plugged into a computer and you do what it tells you. Included is a laser to guide the aiming of the speakers. Anyways, needless to say, the system worked great. In fact, just the Line Array had enough power for the Hildebrand Chapel, but that doesn't stop us from adding more!
This Year's YouthQuake was a little different. Here's a quick synopsis: Instead of hiring a big band, they took the money and and gave it to youth groups to help a mission that they had in mind. Youth groups submitted videos that the youth of YouthQuake voted on who deserved the money. Apparently the people that might have normally gone to the concerts went back to their dorms and talked instead of going to the night concert. I think there are mixed feelings, but I think it turned out great.


Downhere, apparently a band that was from Marsha's time a Briercrest, came in and performed. Elevate, another Briercrest band lead all of the worship during main sessions.


Here are some pictures of Downhere performing on Saturday night from my perspective on stage. Marsha was able to make it out and take in the show.


Downhere

Downhere - Drummer

A Taste of the Lighting

The Digital Yamaha Sound Board


Ian Leary, GV Audio Sound Technician

I spent a lot of time around Ian, no doubt he was running that Yamaha digital board. So knowing me, I picked his brain a bit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home