Thursday, November 09, 2006

No News is Good News

Dad has been recovering well from his surgery this past weekend. My sister came down from Calgary Saturday and stayed until Tuesday. Dad's sister came in on Tuesday morning and just went back today. Mom has set up camp in Saskatoon with a old friend of hers from nursing training and came back for a meeting in Regina yesterday and was around till three today. The roads were a bit traitorous as Saskatoon got a dump load of snow. Mom did enjoy her rest as she needed it. Dad did develop shivers, high blood pressure, a temp and some chills last night. They did his blood work and put him on some antibiotics. The nurse reassures mom that it is just a unrinary infection and not the kidney rejecting itself. I've been only up Sunday but as mom says they are quite restrictive on the visiting. 12-8 pm but from 1-3 is rest time. I'll probably call him and talk to him, once mom gets his cell phone charged.

I've been putting around working on mom and dad's house. I ripped down the old chimney and some siding and have begun insulating, trying to get it all done before the white stuff flies. Now that my helping is disabled for three months I'll have to find some other help. It's getting cold, but minimal snow, so all is ok, so far.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's your long lost cousin. Glad to here that everyhing is good in M.J.

I'm sending this to get some ideas for Marsha for Christmas, as I have her name in the Jago draw.

Let me know, I was thinking she would maybe want somehing for the house???

You can email any ideas to my work address:

colin.bigelow@conocophillips.com

Take care!

Colin

Are we going to see any of you at Christmas?

12:37 p.m.  
Blogger The Doc said...

Hey, I haven't checked your blog in a while, but I'm glad your dad's doing okay. (Your brother didn't say much aside from "He got the surgery.") Send him my good wishes.

In other news: I hope you got the construction done in good order. I know it's probably not snowing as bad there as it is here right now, but YIPES.

7:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home