Saturday, November 04, 2006

Kidneys for Everyone!

Well maybe not everyone. But the wait for my dad is over. For those that didn't know, my dad has been needing a new kidney for some time now. (I can't remember when they found out he had a kidney disease, nor what its called) For the last year, I think, he has been on dialysis. He started doing a home dialysis but due to his lack of kidney function he had to commute to Regina for a while. Moose Jaw finally had an opening in their hospital and dad has been going there ever since.

After many test of family to find a match, my brother seemed to be the closest match. Fortunately a donor has come a long and at 9:00 am this morning I got a call from my mom saying that she was going to Saskatoon and dad would be meeting her there. Dad was in Swift Current when the call came in and had a friend to drive him to Saskatoon. As I understand he was going in for surgery today. Hope all goes well.

When on a waiting list for a kidney and you get the call you have 15 minutes to decide whether you will accept or they will continue down the list. Since being put on the list, both of my parents carry cell phones and have moved up the technology ladder.

1 Comments:

Blogger Don't Blame Me! said...

Praise God! That is great news. Look forward to hearing more, keep us up-to-date.

Adam and Co.

8:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home